Here are some places with beautiful scenery:
- Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge is a wooded wetland, in Oak Harbor, Ohio, that strives to protect and restore wildlife that lives there. The trails are open year-round, it is available for wildlife observations, nature photography, hunting, and more. The views from this area are breathtaking!
- The 2,202-acre marsh, Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, is a popular controlled hunting area with a lakefront view. It has historically inhabited and preserved the wetlands and wildlife since the 1950s. They have trials, a boat ramp, beach access, and the beautiful nature surrounding the area!
Here are some of the campgrounds in the area:
- If you are looking for somewhere to vacation with a view, East Harbor State Park will be your perfect getaway! It is located on the shore of Lake Erie in Lakeside Marblehead, Ohio which offers beautiful nature everywhere you go. Some of the activities include fishing, boating, disc golf, swimming, trails, picnicking, the nature center, bicycle rental, and even horseshoe courts! There is still so much more to explore and enjoy!
- Tall Timbers, in Port Clinton, Ohio, has rental RV’s and house rentals available to anyone in the perfect place! is located in between Catawba and Port Clinton that have many options for food, activities, and shops nearby. The camp itself has a beautiful beach and pond, an adventurous playground and dog walk for our little ones, fishing, and volleyball and basketball courts! There is something for everyone!
Ottawa County has unique shops, each of them with its own creativity:
- Whimsey & Blue in Elmore, Ohio has is the perfect shop for people who like a vintage feel! The shop blends new items with a vintage design giving a modern but old look in one! Many of their pieces are handmade, their inventory sells quickly so do not miss out!
- Are you a spiritual person or are interested in metaphysics? Moonwycks in Port Clinton, Ohio is your dream spot! They have anything you would need to get started like crystals, jewelry, books, incense, journals, tarot cards, journals and so much more. The store is constantly adding more, there is so much to find!
Looking for some good grub? Here you go!:
- Rayz Café in Genoa, Ohio has so many options! They have all your go-to appetizers with plenty of main courses like sandwiches, soups, burgers, baskets, flatbreads, wings, etc. If you are not sure what to get, try their famous chicken ballz!
- The family-owned business, Kozy Korners, is truly a cozy, feel-good diner! They offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner with also with some vegan and vegetarian options. The atmosphere has a homey, comfortable, local feeling that makes people want to go back!
These are just a few examples of activities to keep your day occupied in Ottawa County:
- Looking for somewhere to cool off? The Watering Hole Safari and Waterpark in Port Clinton, Ohio is your place! There is so much to do here aside from the waterpark like a drive-thru safari and zoo, gem mining, and go-karts.
- Want to have fun on an island? Check out Perry’s Cave Family Fun Center on Put-In-Bay, Ohio! They have something for any age. This includes The Butterfly House, a maze, rock climbing, mini-golf, gemstone mining, antique car museum, and even a snack shack!